Feeling “world weary” refers to an emotional state characterized by a deep sense of exhaustion, cynicism, and disillusionment towards the world and its various challenges. It often manifests as a feeling of being worn out by life’s struggles and disappointments.
This state of weariness can stem from a variety of sources, such as personal setbacks, societal injustices, or simply the overwhelming nature of the world’s complexities. When someone is world weary, they may find it difficult to muster enthusiasm or hope for the future, leading to a sense of resignation or apathy towards their surroundings.
7 Examples Of World Weary Used In a Sentence For Kids
- World weary means feeling tired and sad from everything around you.
- Sometimes people feel world weary when they are sad or tired.
- It’s okay to feel world weary, but it’s important to talk to someone about it.
- Remember, everyone feels world weary sometimes, but it gets better with time.
- Our friends can help us feel better when we’re feeling world weary.
- Drawing or playing outside can help us when we’re feeling world weary.
- It’s okay to take a break and rest if you’re feeling world weary.
14 Sentences with World Weary Examples
- World weary from endless assignments and exams, the college students longed for a break.
- As they trudged through the campus, the students wore expressions that were unmistakably world weary.
- The library was filled with world weary students burning the midnight oil to complete their research papers.
- Despite their world weary state, the students found solace in each other’s company during study sessions.
- The coffee shop near campus was always bustling with world weary students seeking a caffeine fix.
- The monotonous lectures left the students feeling even more world weary than usual.
- Even amidst their hectic schedules, the students tried to find moments of joy to combat their world weary feelings.
- The college canteen was a hub of activity, with world weary students grabbing a quick bite between classes.
- The upcoming exams had everyone feeling world weary, but they knew they had to push through.
- The end-of-semester projects had the students feeling increasingly world weary as deadlines approached.
- Slumped over their textbooks, the students exuded an aura of world weary determination.
- The long queues at the printing station only added to the students’ world weary state as they rushed to meet submission deadlines.
- Despite their world weary demeanor, the students always found ways to uplift each other in times of stress.
- The distance from home often left the students feeling world weary, but the prospect of a bright future kept them going.
How To Use World Weary in Sentences?
When World Weary is used in a sentence, it indicates a feeling of tiredness or disillusionment towards the world or worldly affairs. Here is a guide on how to use World Weary effectively in a sentence:
Identify the context: Before using World Weary, make sure you understand the situation or feelings being expressed. This word is typically used when describing someone who is feeling fed up, exhausted, or jaded with the world.
Choose the right tone: When using World Weary, consider the tone of your sentence. This word conveys a sense of heaviness and weariness, so it is best used in a serious or reflective context.
Craft your sentence: Incorporate World Weary into your sentence to accurately convey the feeling of disillusionment or exhaustion. For example: “After years of dealing with corruption and injustice, she felt world weary and longed for a place where peace and integrity prevailed.”
Contextualize for clarity: To ensure your sentence is clear and impactful, provide context or additional details that help support the feeling of being World Weary. This will help your reader understand the depth of emotion being expressed.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively use the term World Weary in a sentence to convey a sense of disillusionment or exhaustion with the world.
In the various sentences with “world weary” provided, a common theme emerges of individuals feeling tired, disillusioned, and cynical about the state of the world. This phrase is often used to describe a sense of emotional exhaustion and fatigue from experiencing and witnessing hardship, injustice, and suffering. By regularly encountering the struggles and challenges of life, one can become world weary, losing hope and optimism in the face of adversity.
Overall, the collection of sentences using “world weary” highlights the universal human experience of grappling with weariness and disillusionment. It serves as a reminder of the importance of self-care, resilience, and finding moments of joy and peace amidst the harsh realities of the world.